I was nominated for The Jolly Blogger Award by sister book blogger, Diana, over at Brilliantly Novel.
Brilliantly Novel is a fantastic book blogging site, and I am honored that she would nominate me for this award. 🙂
1. Answer the twelve questions that have been left for me.
2. Create twelve new questions.
3. Nominate ten lovely bloggers!
Here are the questions Brilliantly Novel asked of me:
1. Which book are you most hoping to find underneath your Christmas tree?
I’ve been wanting to read When The Rabbit Howls for quite some time, and I purchased it myself with some money my cousin gave me for Christmas. 🙂
2. Favorite Christmas movie and/or TV Special?
Ah, that is easy! National Lampoon’s Christmas Vacation!
3. Hot Chocolate or Eggnog?
Eggnog with Jack Daniels!
4. What is the sneakiest thing you’ve done to try and find out what gifts you’re getting before Christmas day?
Haha.. I have cats who are happy to scratch open the presents placed under the Christmas tree. 🙂 And I don’t stop them!
5. Real tree or Artificial tree?
Artificial. I don’t want my house to burn down, thanks!
6. Favorite Christmas villain: The Grinch or Ebenezer Scrooge?
7. What book would you most like to GIVE as a gift this Christmas?
I gave my Mother a book on how to organize her quilting space, which I found out she already had, of course, (this is who I get my love of books from), and I gave my 5 year old nephew an ADORABLE book called Angus and the Cat, a book about a Scottish Terrier who finds a new cat in the house, and they eventually become friends.
8. Of all of your family’s Christmas traditions, which one is your favorite?
Watching my nephew open his presents, and crafting elaborate stories about how Santa Claus visited my house and dropped off presents for him, and pretending I’m mad about the reindeer stomping all over my roof. 🙂 –When my nephew gets older he is going to think I’m insane when he thinks back to all these stories!
9. White Christmas lights or Multi-colored Christmas lights?
I’ve always liked the look of white Christmas lights, but I use multi-color lights. They just feel more festive!
10. Favorite Christmas song?
<iframe width=”854″ height=”510″ src=”//www.youtube.com/embed/SzaflC73iTk” frameborder=”0″ allowfullscreen>
Red Water (Christmas Mourning), by Type O Negative.
11. Wrapping paper or Gift bags?
Wrapping paper, adorned with ribbons and candy.
12. Do you want to build a snowman?
No, but I’ve asked the neighborhood kids to build one in my front yard next time we get a good snow storm!
Since I kinda missed the bus on the Jolly Blogger Award, and Christmas is over, I won’t be nominating anyone. But if anyone would like to answer the following questions, in the comment section below, please feel free!!
1.) Fruit cake… Yay or nay? If it is soaked in bourbon does that influence your decision? 😉 Recipe, here.
2.) What is your idea of a perfect New Year’s Eve?
A.) Dressing up in your finest and going to the hottest, hippest club in town.
B.) Small party at home with family and friends, where you will ring in the new year with cocktails, spinach dip, and shrimp cocktail.
C.) Staying at home, in your jammies, asleep by 11:00.
3.) Do you make New Year’s resolutions? And most importantly, do you stick to them?
4.) When do you take down your Christmas tree, and other Holiday decor?
5.) Merry Christmas, or Happy Holidays?
Please feel free to answer some or all of the above questions, by posting your answers below. Wishing everyone a very happy new year!