Thanks to Author Jacqueline Smith, A Well Read Woman Blog has been nominated for the Liebster Award! Thank you kindly Jackie for nominating me!
A Liebster Award is a blog award presented to bloggers, by other bloggers. It is just a nice way to give your fellow blogger a pat on the back, and hopefully increase their site traffic too!
So here are the rules I was given:
- Each nominee must link back the person who nominated them.
- Answer the 10 questions which are given to you by the nominator.
- Nominate 10 other bloggers for this award who have less than 3000 followers.
- Create 10 questions for your nominees to answer.
- Let the nominees know that they have been nominated by going to their blog and notifying them
The questions Jackie Smith asked me are as follows:
1) What is your favorite book?
Hands down, The Lovely Bones, by Alice Sebold
2) If you could do anything in the world, what would you do?
I would be a published Author 🙂
3) If you had one superpower, what would it be?
4) If you could visit a fictional world (i.e. Narnia, Middle Earth, Hogwarts, etc…) for a day, where would you go?
The world of Parthalan, created by fantasy author Jennifer Allis Provost!
5) Where is your favorite place in the world?
Home, in my chair, with my laptop on my lap, and my coffee mug in my hand. It’s where I feel the most relaxed, and the most creative.
6) If you could meet three people from any time in history, who would they be?
Kurt Cobain, his music heavily influenced my adolescent years and it would of been amazing to meet him.
Bettie Page, because her confidence and beauty was, (and still is), admirable.
Malala Yousafzai, the Pakistani girl who inspired the world after being shot in the head by the Taliban.
7) Why did you start keeping your blog?
To network with other bloggers, promote authors, and discuss my love of books in general.
8) What do you hope to accomplish in 2014?
Buy a house, and get my book published.
9) What is your favorite thing to do on a rainy day?
Play with the dogs outside. The dogs give me an excuse to ‘dance in the rain’. 🙂
10) If you could be any Disney Character, who would you be?
Ariel the mermaid, so I could brush my hair with a fork, and scare some drunken sailors!
These are the Blogs I’m nominating for the Liebster Award:
Attn Lovely Nominees! These are YOUR questions to answer:
1.) What do you enjoy the most about blogging?
2.) What is your least favorite aspect of blogging?
3.) Why do you blog?
4.) How often do you blog?
5.) How have you increased your audience? (i.e. commenting on other blogs, offering giveaways, etc.)
6.) Are you a closet blogger? (i.e. does your family/friends know you blog?)
7.) What was your first post about?
8.) What was your last post about?
9.) Do you use a paid theme?
10.) Do you have any tips for other bloggers?
Thank you again Jackie, and congratulations fellow nominees! Please leave the URL to your Liebster Award blog post in the comments section once you finish so I can see your responses!